Creating Brave’s Nature Mandala Giveaway Contest
What is a Nature Mandala?
Mandala, the Sanskrit word for circle, is a universal symbol of balance, wholeness and unity. Healing Icons, and our upcoming eCourse hub Creating Brave, uses them to quiet the constant buzz of our busy lives and distill our focus to the present moment so that each moment is fully lived. Nature mandalas are created with natural elements from our environments — flowers, branches, leaves, rocks, etc. — to convey the feelings, moods and ideas within us. It is a contemplative practice that reconnects us in a tangible way to the world around us.
Autumn is a wonderful time of year, with vibrant colors that illustrate the beauty of release. To honor and celebrate this season of returning and turning inward, Healing Icons is hosting an interactive giveaway contest for our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
The prize is a beautiful set of Derwent colored pencils, perfect for drawing mandalas and other art-as-healing practices taught at Creating Brave.
Want to participate? It’s easy!
- Follow @HealingIcons on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Make a nature mandala, similar to the one pictured above but incorporating natural elements from your own environment. For more information about mandalas, read this post.
- Take a photo of your nature mandala and post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #CreatingBrave and #NatureMandalaGiveaway, along with any insight you discovered while creating your mandala.
- Check your private messages (PM) inbox after October 31st to see if you’ve won!
The giveaway will end at midnight on October 31st. A winner will be contacted privately and announced via social media at the beginning of November.
Exclusions and Other Details
- You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
- One entry per person.
- This contest, like our upcoming art-as-healing eCourse Creating Brave, is open worldwide.
- Board members and contracted workers for Healing Icons are not eligible to win the prize.
- The winner will be selected by random generation and contacted via private message on their social media account. If the winner does not respond within a week, another winner will be chosen.
- The prize will be mailed by post, so you must provide a physical address once you’ve been contacted as the winner. This information will be kept private and will only be used to mail the prize at the end of the contest. P.O. boxes are fine to use.
- You retain copyright ownership of your image. Healing Icons reserves the right to share the winning image across social media (including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and on our blog with credits and a link to the creator’s social media profile at the conclusion of the giveaway. If we’d like to use the image again, we will contact you for permission.
I love making nature mandalas. Such a beautiful way to show my awe and appreciation for those things I might take for granted otherwise. Shared mine in Instagram, but not sure how to load photo here.
Thanks Christy. Just took a peek in Instagram. Love the mandala you created. Thanks for entering our Nature mandala give away! Unfortunately, I don’t think you can post photos within this blog.