What is a harvest despacho?
Despacho is an Andean amulet-making ceremony, in which the despacho-maker brings various elements into an object and then ritually sends it off. They are traditionally made by Andean shamans for a variety of (often transitional) occasions, from birth rituals to rituals honoring the dead. In a sense, a harvest despacho is a ritualized form of thanksgiving, a physical gift given in return for the wisdom of our ancestors, the health and nourishment of our bodies, and the beauty of our environments. Learn more about the despacho ceremony.
Healing Icons has developed a method of creating harvest despachos to bring healing and wisdom to our participants, regardless of their struggles and needs. We are currently offering a free, downloadable PDF tutorial of this method to anyone who signs up for the Creating Brave waiting list. Get your printable copy. Then get started on making your own harvest despacho!
Want to participate? It’s easy!
- Follow @HealingIcons on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Make your harvest despacho, similar to the one pictured above, but incorporating elements from your own environment — leaves, herbs, yarn, incense, flowers, etc.
- Take a photo of your harvest despacho and post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #CreatingBrave and #HarvestDespacho, along with any insight you discovered while creating it.
- Check your private messages (PM) inbox after November 30th to see if you’ve won!
The giveaway will end at midnight on November 30th. A winner will be contacted privately and announced via social media at the beginning of December.
Exclusions and other details
- You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
- One entry per person.
- This contest, like our upcoming art-as-healing eCourse Creating Brave, is open worldwide.
- Board members and contracted workers for Healing Icons/Creating Brave are not eligible to win the prize.
- The winner will be selected by random generation/electronic raffle and contacted via private message on their social media account. If the winner does not respond within a week, another winner will be chosen.
- The prize will be mailed by post, so you must provide a physical address once you’ve been contacted as the winner. This information will be kept private and will only be used to mail the prize at the end of the contest. P.O. boxes are fine to use.
- You retain copyright ownership of your image. Healing Icons reserves the right to share the winning image across social media (including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and on our blog with credits and a link to the creator’s social media profile at the conclusion of the giveaway. If we’d like to use the image again, we will contact you for permission.