If you are a survivor, you might have some questions
It is simple just email us or call us at 803-429-4151
Most of our classes are in various locations around Columbia, SC but we are developing a series of online classes soon so no matter where you are, you can participate.
We try to keep our classes small – 8 – 15 students
Yes. Most participants enjoy several of our offerings.
Most of our classes are free of charge due to our generous sponsors. Our online classes will have a nominal fee.
Most of the art supplies are provided for you. You might be required to bring a journal or sketchbook and a pencil and pen.
OK you are ready to leap in but you’re thinking…
It is our birthright to be creative. We will show you.
Good we don’t like straight lines.
Excellent we will teach you to Look. See. Create.
It doesn’t matter where you are on the cancer journey. You will know when the time is right.
You are free to bring someone who is journeying with you.
But why create art from the pain and struggle that comes with cancer?
What are the benefits from participating in these workshops?
- Have fun learning how to create a series of visual creations representing the current rumblings in your life
- Discover a supportive nurturing community
- Learn there is no right or wrong way to create
- Cultivate time for art play = fun = rest
- Quiet the thunderous roar of mind stuff
- Begin to speak the silent powerful language of art
- Open new avenues for expressing thoughts and emotions thus reducing fear and anxiety
- Decrease stress and depression thus boosting the immune system
- Unearth new perspectives on illness
- Improve your quality of life
- Provide your family and care givers insight into living with cancer
If you are thinking about sponsoring a series of workshops, or an exhibition, you might have some questions
It demonstrates that your institution:
- Understands the importance of not only addressing the physical needs but also recognizes that the emotional, psychological and spiritual facets of who we are is equally relevant to the healing process
- Is dedicated to the wellness, peace of mind and dignity of the whole person
- Respects psycho-social and spiritual concerns
- Is committed to compassionate empathetic care
- Has allegiance to a complementary, holistic approach to health care
- Is interested in building a network of understanding among your employees and the population that you serve