I am thrilled to be offering this Creating Brave Retreat at 1440 Multiversity, a stunning new center nestled in a magnificent forest of of redwoods just outside Santa Cruz, California. This campus is carefully crafted to nurture, educate and inspire!
Bring 2017 to a Close by Gifting Yourself Time
Step Outside Your Life
Pause to Rest, Renew, and Revitalize Your Spirit
December 3rd – 8th, 2017
800 Bethany Drive – Scotts Valley, CA
Absolutely no previous experience is necessary
5 nights all-inclusive accommodations priced separately
(click above to see options)
Anyone looking to discover or reconnect with their creativity, find quiet reflective time, or recover from a life-disrupting event or illness is welcome to come learn how to create bravely.
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way, things I had no words for. Georgia O’Keefe
Have you ever felt that words are not enough to express your life?
You will deepen your relationship with yourself and your world by exploring another language – a visual, symbolic, soul-filled language to discern what is not quite ready for speech. The work we do at Healing Icons is a sacred art. We delve deep into our subconscious minds, our hearts, our pasts and presents, to care for our souls through art-making. To help guide us in this process, I’ve written a Creativity Manifesto.
Learn and Grow from Heidi’s 40 plus years of working as a professional artist and teacher.
When your not in class creating, there is free time to:
- Practice Mindfulness with daily yoga and meditation.
- Walk the Labyrinth
- Immerse Yourself in Nature – walk, jog or hike the trails bathed in natural light that meander through the 75 acres of magnificent redwoods, not to mention the Carbonera Creek that snakes along beside you
- Sweat and Stretch in the 1,440 square foot Fitness Center, including use of steam rooms and whirlpool
- Enjoy Evening Events that are inspiring and entertaining
- Harmonize Mind & Body with massage, energy work and other healing arts (extra fees apply)
- Relax and Enjoy community in the campus cafes and shops – Share a mid-day coffee with a new friend or enjoy an afternoon libation (extra fees apply)
“Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in vain.” CG Jung
Our Retreat Studio Time
Our daily hands-on studio time begins in the morning (9 – 12) and concludes in the afternoons (2 – 4). The studio will be open throughout the day and evenings for your enjoyment. Each day begins with an inspirational quote to guide your creative practice.
“The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things,but their inward significance.” Aristotle
During our time together you will:
- Discover there is no right or wrong way to create and learn about our Creativity Manifesto
- Experience that the natural world has much to teach us
- Realize the importance to cultivate time for art play = fun = rest
- Learn the basics of using color and building interesting compositions
- Master the art of collage, found object assemblage, metal tooling
- Uncover your own personal, visual vocabulary
- Acquire several creative practices that nurtures a calm that’s anchored in creativity
- Create a Healing Icon, a mixed media sculpture that holds your discoveries and insights
Ready to Take the Risk and Jump In?
Ready to Step Off Your Known Path?
Ready to Step Outside Your Comfort Zone?
Ready to Invigorate your Life with Creativity?
“The primary benefit of practicing art, whether well or badly, is that it enables one’s soul to grow.” Kurt Vonnegut,Jr
1440 Multiversity is located in Scotts Valley, California, less than 15 minutes north of the city of Santa Cruz.
The three closest airports to 1440 Multiversity are:
- Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC): 27 miles- 40 min – Southwest Airlines has some good rates
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO): 60 miles – 60-75 min
- Oakland International Airport (OAK): 60 miles – 60-75 min
- 1440 can also help you with shuttle service. Given the immersive and all-inclusive nature of our on-campus experience, you do not need a car during your time with us.